Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pit Stop

On Tuesdays, the babe and I usually volunteer to make copies and other such things for the girl's teacher. Today we were late getting out the door, but we would still have enough time for a little bit of productiveness. That was what I thought...Until I went out to start my van and realized that somebody had turned on all the lights (and left on all the lights) when I was vacuuming it out yesterday. That left me with a dead battery and no neighbors home. I would have just waited for my bud to get off the kindergarten bus and skip school altogether, but this is a beautiful day and that would be an opportunity wasted!

I threw the little man in his stroller (which he was not happy about because he wanted to ride his dang cooter) kicking and screaming and we took off for a run to school. The route there is about 1.2 miles uphill. With the stroller, I ran the first mile at a pace of 9:12. I'm cool with that. We picked up a very happy to see us buddy man and headed back out for our run home. After a (15:30 pace) mile, he stopped and asked, "Mom, I wonder why I'm so much faster than you?" To which my response was, of course, "Because you are awesome, bud." And off he ran before stopping for his 82nd walk break.

He also stopped for a little pit stop. On a semi busy road. Good thing he's a boy. This is a theme for my children and it's WAY easier (and slightly less obvious) when it's a boy. But I got a picture cuz it was funny...


Then of course the the little man had to get out of his stroller and run along behind his bro when we hit the path near our house. That made the last 1/4 mile of the run take just as long as the rest of it. Short legs. Then he fell and this his how we ended our run...


So, basically, I had a great 1.2 mile RUN and an equally great (yet totally different) 1.2 mile saunter.

Days: 134-136
Daily Miles: 1, 2, 2.38
Total Miles: 279.48

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...