Friday, March 2, 2012

Running and ReUsing

I was reading this blog post today and decided that we're on the ReUseIt wagon for the months of March and April (she's ambitious and going for 6 months...we'll see how I'm feeling after the next two months, who knows?). I'm already pretty thrifty and crafty but this is a great way to push that even further. My kids are way into repurposing and recycling and we already try not to drive when we make short trips to the grocery store or the park. The hubs doesn't know about this whole thing yet, but I'm sure he'll be on board (it will save money after all and that's talking his language).

Here are our rules for March and April (and hopefully more months to follow, we'll have to wait and see)...

1. Nothing new-with the exception of food or medications.

2. No short trips to the grocery store in the car sweet minivan. If we need something we'll have to add the stop to an already planned trip or run there (two birds, one stone).

3. ABSOLUTELY NO TO PAPER AND PLASTIC! If I forget to take my bags in, everything goes back in the cart sans bag and rolls around in the back of the van until we get home.

4. If it breaks, we will live without or find a replacement at a thrift store, craigslist, freecycle (you catch my drift).

5. No household paper products-except toilet paper (I've been to places where people go without. It's gross).

Any rules you can think of we should add?

Click the pic for some facts about plastic bags. Yuck!
I hope to check back in periodically and let you know how well we're doing. And I'll use the blog to let you know if we slip up. I hope that doesn't happen!

In the meantime, check out reuseit.com and use code rcm1gvg for $5 off your first order. Better yet, search my favorite source for reusable inspiration Pinterest for ways you can make your own reusable stash.

I'll be back with a running post later today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...