Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'm Green!

I hit Green (155 miles) with Nike+ today! I need to take my watch with me more often so I can actually reach Blue (620 miles) in this lifetime. Nike totally knows how to keep me hooked on using their stuff. This Nike+ thing is addictive!

This past week, the weather has been totally bipolar. We had snow (and the first 2 hour school delay of the year), some super cold rain, and two absolutely beautiful days with kids outside riding bikes and running around in shorts and t shirts.

I said back in this post that we weren't going to buy anything new for two months. Since then, we have run the the grocery store and Redbox more times than I can count. We've also decided to enroll My Babe at a preschool closer to our house for next fall so that I can run him in the stroller at least one way each day. We've only bought 4 things new (other than food) since the beginning of March as a family of five and I've only filled the tank on my sweet minivan 2 times since January if you can believe it!

My shoes needed to be replaced, can't really go used there. They're Brooks Ghost 4 and exactly the same as my last pair only blue. I love them!


My Bud got a new bike. His old one was the hand me down of all hand me downs. I don't even know how old it was (at least 15 years), but it's rusty and the tires only hold air for a day at a time. Plus it was too small for him. I did try to get this one used. I had been emailing people on craigslist for about a month with no luck finding the perfect bike (or something closely resembling perfection). So on Friday, with the beautiful sun shining, we gave up and headed to Target for his new wheels. He's already put in about 5 hours of riding time so I feel good about the purchase.


The Hubs got an iPad...because he "needed" one. Who can argue with that?

As for the fourth thing? Its a shiny new toilet!!! Exciting purchase, right?!

Today I went for an early run with a friend and it felt great. I am not a fan of getting up early. At all. But I do love the feeling of already having my run under my belt by 8am. Today is going to be a great day. We're getting a new toilet after all...

Days: 149-155
Daily Miles: 1, 2.48, 1, 1, 1, 3.14, 4
Total Miles: 322.2

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a new toilet can really make one's day. Ours is pink and I'd really love to replace it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. What ever happened to that trend? You can't even find those in stock anywhere. I bet when you're done with that beaut, you could sell it to a collector on craigslist. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...