Monday, November 7, 2011

Aloha!

Yesterday right as we got to our rental house on Ewa Beach, a Monk Seal flopped out of the surf and climbed up into what is basically our back yard. He stayed overnight and while we were out playing in the ocean this morning, he decided it was getting a little toasty (I have to agree, it's warm here!) and flopped back down to the water. It was so cool! It is amazing (and also sad) to witness such a huge, critically endangered animal in it's everyday surroundings. I can't imagine what kind of strength it takes to move a body that size on dry land with no arms or legs. CRAZY! Someone official came to check on him while he was here and told us his name is Kermit. You can read more about Kermit and his friends here.


My run this morning didn't happen. There's too much to do here! I rode with the hubs up the street to the store and had him drop me off about a mile before we got there so I could get my daily run in. I'm actually missing my extra mile or two a day, but I can make up for it (and add some more) when we get back to Oregon.

Until tomorrow, aloha!

Day: 16
Today's Miles: 1.09
Total Miles: 39.15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...