Monday, February 20, 2012

Fitness Challenge Rules

So, I mentioned awhile back that I was starting a fitness challenge on Facebook and I wanted to share the rules of our challenge in case anyone who reads the blog might want to start something similar. I was introduced to this beast last year and I found that it was a great way to stay motivated. That challenge was for money and it was fairly complicated. I decided to start one this year that runs only on the assumption that a team type atmosphere will help motivate people to stay fit. It started today and I am seeing some amazing camaraderie already and it is just awesome!

Here are the rules I posted on Facebook...

Minimum
·         45 minutes of physical activity 5 days/week (5 points/week)

Extra points
·         Bonus for days 6 & 7 (only 30 minutes required on extra days-1 point/extra day)

·         Weekly challenge – I will post a video every Sunday of myself (or someone else) doing a challenge workout (usually core work) that you can do the coming week for bonus points

·         The challenge can earn you 1 point for each day you do it (up to 3 points/week)
The maximum number of points anyone can earn for each week is 10.

The challenge will last for 12 weeks starting Monday, February 20, 2012 and ending Sunday May 13, 2012
If you decide to do this challenge, it will change your life, your body, and your mind! This is all about you pushing yourself to be awesome and be fit. Do it for you, for your kids, for whatever motivates you!

I hope to see lots of people with over 100 points at the end of the challenge! J
No cash prizes this year.  Just a happy bodies and minds! Go out and be active!

I am so excited to see where this leads and where all these girls are at the end of this 12 weeks and beyond!

As for my run today, I went to the gym pretty late and ran 4 miles on the treadmill. Then, I came home and did some stretching and ab work so I could meet my minimum challenge minutes. I can't believe that I felt awesome running 4 miles so soon after yesterday's 8 miles. I think I could totally run Hood To Coast right now. I need a team (if anybody is looking for a member). *hint, hint*

Day: 121
Today's Miles: 4.02
Total Miles: 248.67

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...