Wednesday, December 21, 2011

This Thrifty Momma

Oh my goodness! Have to share the awesome deal we scored at the Goodwill Outlet Store (aka "the bins") today for my daughter. I really wanted to get her a new bike and was looking at Target this past weekend for something nice that will hopefully work for the next couple of years. The one I wanted was $129.99 in the store so I figured we'd wait until her 8th birthday this summer since we've already done quite a bit of shopping and that was out of the budget. Well...we found that exact bike for $10!!! That's right, I said $10!!! She was with me, so no Christmas surprise, but we have one happy little girl who has decided that giving is good and she is going to pay it forward by donating a good amount of her own toys to Goodwill tomorrow. See? Score!

Her bike has white tires and no pink, but you get the idea.


As for my run, it was short again. My shoulder is feeling better but I don't want to push it. I'm thinking tomorrow it will be good to go. On the plus side, I've realized I like riding the bike so maybe a duathlon is in my future. Or even a triathlon. I was a lifeguard in college after all (and I think I remember how to swim...).

Day: 60
Today's Miles: 1
Total Miles: 117.15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...