Saturday, December 31, 2011

Or Not...

Apparently the kids club at my gym closes at 3:00 on Saturdays. I ended up running to the nearest Redbox with my kiddos instead. This whole single parenting thing is really cutting into my running. Oh well, at least they were mostly good today. And the way things are heading, they will be snugly tucked into bed by 8pm leaving me to tear it up by myself for the new year. I see some bathroom cleaning, laundry, and a Bones marathon in my near future (I'm hooked on that show thanks to Netflix). I really know how to party, people!

Happy New Year to all of you! I'd love to hear your 2012 running goals if you've got them. :)

Day: 70
Today's Miles: 1.65
Total Miles: 135.16

4 comments:

  1. I've set myself a doable goal for January, since 2012 is my year to finally get real about running. So 30 miles in January - not much but considering Dec was only 10, it's still 3 times more!
    Then, I'll reassess for Feb and onwards.
    Also, goal is to do my first half-marathon in my hometown in September, but not focussing on that quite yet (a long way off from even being able to start that training yet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to partake in Run for Your Lives, the 5k Zombie survival event, when it hits Seattle next year. Really hoping I can find the time and money to go.

    If I can go I really hope I can "survive".

    And if I survive, I hope my time is good enough for a prize! I figure my odds are better in that there are age brackets for determining winning times.

    I figure around May I need to start working on speed a bit. Do some wind sprints or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you @Annet! Keep me posted on your progress. Running is a great way to bring us mommas together (even if only online). Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go @Jeff! Let me know if you want some help and/or company for your speed training. I love speed training (it's a sickness). Oh, and watch out for zombies...hahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...