Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's No Hit Playlist...But It Works!

My oldest is 7 years old and she's always begging me to take her running. Her obsession started with a one mile road race I entered her in about a year ago. She finished dead last but she had the best time of her life. The funny thing about it...she's actually pretty fast, as her time is usually less than 10 minutes/mile. She just started that race at a dead sprint and fizzled about 1/2 mile into it so she had to walk the last 1/2 mile (except of course for the chute at the end, she killed that part!).

Anyway, I put off the run today and had to go when the hubs got home so I figured the least I could do was take one of the kids with me... We intended to go just a mile, but once we got started, she was excited and I couldn't get her to turn around. We stopped to wait for a light and got this blurry pic. She's such poser and I'm obviously an awesome self portraiteur (is that a word?).


The last bit of our run was a pretty steep hill and she was ready to walk. I convinced her running was the better option and coaxed her up the hill with an awesome rendition of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and some Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to make it to the front door.

We were sure to give daddy a couple of big sweaty girl kisses when we got home. :)

Day: 4
Today's Miles: 1.97
Total Miles: 11.29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...