Saturday, October 22, 2011

i can be a runner...

In the last 7 years I have run 3 marathons and a bunch of half marathons (I'm sure I could figure out how many if I really tried), but I don't consider myself a runner. I have three kids ages 7 and under (my youngest is 2) and I haven't run much in the last 3 years. I occasionally get bit by the proverbial running bug, but then it flies away and I forget what it feels like to lace up my shoes.
I need motivation! My behind has become too big for it's britches. Literally! I actually bent over and ripped the butt out of my favorite Hudson Jeans. Can you say BAD DAY?!
Tomorrow will be the first day of 1000 days running. I will run at least one mile every single day and check in with this blog to let you all know what that feels like. I anticipate great things...and not so great things. But mostly great things!
I hope I can entertain you along the way...

2 comments:

  1. Saw your blog through a FB post from my friend Sandra. I too am a mommy and a "runner." I am not a fast runner but I get out there and do it. I have run 2 half marathons in the past year and a I am now addicted! I tell people if I can do it so can you! I am a working mommy and only run 3 days a week. Good for you. Best wishes on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sarah-Good for you! Thanks for following my blog, I hope I can at least be somewhat inspiring to other mommas out there. I agree that half marathons are super addictive. More than enough to feel like you're doing something not everyone can do...and you can still walk the next day! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...