Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Week? ...What A Slacker!

I can't believe I haven't blogged in a whole week! I'm not good at remembering to do this sometimes. Maybe I should get back to the everyday thing so it's more of a habit.

I've been busy working out like crazy to reach my goal of weighing 135 lbs by June 24th. I joined a new gym that is closer to my house and has more activities for the whole family. The kids are loving the pool (plus the allure of the outdoor pool in the summer has me working even harder to get into swimsuit shape fast) and I have tried a bunch of new cardio classes. I'm loving BodyCombat more than I can tell you. It's awesome and I can feel my arms getting better looking by the minute! Today I discovered Cardio Sculpt and the instructor is WAY into squats of all shapes and sizes. Hello booty!

As for running, I'm getting ready for my 1/2 marathon season. Next up...The Hippie Chick Half on Mother's Day weekend. I only ran the quarter last year because I was having IT Band issues leading up to it.



On Easter Sunday, my girl Aimee (we'll call her my BRB--best running buddy) and I did a 9ish miler full of killer hills. This coming weekend, we have an 11 mile run planned. I'm getting pretty excited to run my first 1/2 since 2008! I can't believe I haven't run one since I was preggo with My Babe (who is now almost 3 years old) shame on me!

Days: 167-172
Daily Miles: 1,1,8.92,1,1,1
Total Miles: 363.2

2 comments:

  1. Hey, maybe here's something to blog about...! I've been curious about your workout gear. Say when you do a mile, does that mean another outfit in the wash? I can't stay on top of washing workout stuff and i'm not doing something every day. Not helped by the fact I have only one good sports bra... Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annet! I will only wear it more than once if it doesn't stink. I make sure to not heap it in a pile when I take it off. I also have a TON of sports bras but I'm weird about those. I always wear at least two (and I'm by no means well endowed in that department) because I figure after having three kids I should do all I can to preserve what I have left! I do end up with a whole load of workout stuff every week though and that's pretty annoying (like I don't have enough laundry to do).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...