Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Will Continue To Rock

It's been a busy week since I last blogged. I've been running and Turbo Kicking and Zumbaing (is that a word?) as much as possible. I also got a handle on the whole potty training thing for The Babe. No more diapers in this house! WoooHooo!!!

Over this past week, I had a revelation. Ready for it? ...I'm actually in pretty darn good shape! I ran 6 miles (of hills) with a friend on Sunday but felt like I could have kept going and going. The next day, I ran 3 on the treadmill and felt the same way (but I stopped because it was after 10pm and I needed to go to bed). Yesterday I went to Turbo Kick (my favorite workout in the whole world) and did a round with some serious plyometrics. I kicked it's booty! I was doing sumo squat jumps and felt like I could have done them for days.

Here's my concern... I've been to this place before. I get fit, I kick ass, then I let it slide. My promise to myself this time? I WILL NOT STOP! I will keep kicking ass and getting stronger and I will treat my body as if it is the only one I have. My bones will get stronger with age, my body will have more lean mass and less fat. I will be healthy for my kids and their kids. This 1000 days is not a burden, it is a blessing and I will not forget that. I have a healthy body that is capable of so many amazing things and I will not take that for granted.

After all, I have to be able to keep up with these helmet wearing, playground kings! Why do I let my kids be so cool?



So, now I'm done going on about that. I appreciate everyone in my life who tells me I have inspired them to do something when they were used to doing nothing. Tell me your story if you want to share, I really do love hearing them!

Days: 158-164
Daily Miles: 1, 1.26, 1, 1, 6.05, 3.01, 1
Total Miles: 341.97

1 comment:

  1. I have a multitude of different things that have inspired me to get back into shape, or that I pull on when I'm trying to finish a run or workout, which I won't bother to share partially because they are numerous and partially because there are some I just don't want to share ;)

    That said, I don't just follow your blog for entertainment value, I follow it for continued inspiration in setting and keeping my own goals. I still think you're nuts, but that nuttiness is part of what makes you a compelling inspiration. So thank you, for doing what you do and for sharing what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...